ATTENTION: PER-COLOR PICS FOR REFERENCE ONLY - YOU WILL RECEIVE THE NEW BLACK SPOOL
Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well.
- Cooling fan on after first layer.
- Material: Rep-Flex TPU - Vacuumed Sealed with desiccant
- Shore Hardness: 95A
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Roundness: 1.75mm (+/- 0.03mm)
- Recommended extruder temperature:195 - 230°C
- Recommended platform temperature: 40 - 60°C
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible material. TPU belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics. SainSmart TPU filament is featured by its high strength and flexibility, like a hybrid of plastic and rubber. 95A TPU has high abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber parts, especially at higher infill.
In comparison with most common filaments like PLA and ABS, TPU must be run much slower.
- [Flexible and High strength] 95A hardness is similar to an o-ring. High abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber
- [Resistant to chemicals] resist to oil, grease and etc. Durable performance even in the chemical harsh environment.
- [Easy to print] Excellent adhesion on heat bed, not necessary for extra adhesion like tape. Compatible with most Prusa i3 3D printers in the market. With Bowden extruder needs to print slowly.
- [Great for end-use parts or models] Can be used to print as functional parts or standalone prototypes in basically any practical field like RC parts, case, shoe insoles, watch bands, phone cases, drone parts and more! Even engineer design prototypes!
- Compatible with all FDM printers on the market which accept 1.75 mm filament. Including Prusa i3, Monoprice MakerSelect, SainSmart x Creality, and other RepRap printers.
- With proper settings, TPU is easy to print thanks to excellent bed adhesion and the filament’s tendency to not warp.
Print setting on MK2
Printing TPU video
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE